Today was the first day that was chilly in the morning, and in my opinion it is still a little cool outside. Some people love when the weather changes. I love when it starts to get warm in the spring. I’m not a big fan of the colder weather, but there are a couple of things that make a tropical soul like mine happy. My flowers on the back porch reminded me that there are some upsides to fall. See the pictures above.
I thought I might share the start of a new playlist I have been working on in my mind. This playlist will be named “End of Summer Songs.”
1. “Anything but Mine” by Kenny Chesney – this song is about the end of a summer romance. This was the first song by Kenny Chesney to hit my radar.
2. “September” by Earth, Wind and Fire – this song has the best jam. I don’t really care what the song is about, I just like to dance around to the great beat.
3. “When the Coast is Clear” by Jimmy Buffett – this is a great song about introspection. For me the new year is September 1 not January 1.
4. “Endless Summer” by Eric Stone – “What a bummer, I need an endless summer.” Just a song about being a surf bum. Eric Stone is a Texas singer-songwriter that you need to check out.
5. “Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season” by Jimmy Buffett – I know I already put a Buffett song on the list, but I really like his music. This one is sort of about being hung-over. I also hear a song about a guy who knows changes are coming, but decides to cope with the inevitable as best he can.
I know this is not an all-inclusive list, but these are just some I like. Let me know which ones I might have forgotten.