This blog was created to promote my Real Estate business. SURPRISE! Were you actually surprised? I hope not. Yes, I am a Realtor, and yes I want to promote my business. I am more than a real estate agent, and I wanted to start a blog for a long time. I just never felt like I had much to say or promote. Now I have a business that needs promoting, but I also have other interests that are just going to be a part of the blog too. If you want real estate advice, I am happy to provide you with my experiences. If you like a good cocktail, then I might can help with that too. My plan here is to give you the reader five things to know about a subject.
So, let’s get started with five things to know about me, your humble writer, beach bum, parrothead, Realtor:
1. I live in Fort Worth, Texas, and my heart is on the water. I was born in Fort Worth, Texas at Harris Hospital just like my two youngest children, but I have the soul of a sailor. Fortunately we have some great lakes. My family keeps a boat at Eagle Mountain Lake. We are out there most summer weekends and then some into the fall. In Fort Worth, summer weather starts in May and ends in October. We are so lucky. I’m happiest on the water, even in the cold weather.
2. Maybe it just goes with the water thing, but I listen to Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney and Bob Marley music all the time. One of the biggest bummers is that I never got to see Bob Marley play. I started listening to reggae music when he was still alive, but I never got to see him play. On the positive side, I have seen Jimmy Buffett and Kenny Chesney play live. In fact, this year will make the sixth year to see Buffett at the Frisco show. I’m pretty pumped for the concert. Great tailgate scene in Frisco. If you make it to the tailgate, stop by and say hey. I would love to meet you.
3. I love Mexican food. I love to make it and eat it. I love Mexican food so much I lived in El Paso, Texas for twelve years where I taught school. When I lived in El Paso, I met the most wonderful woman in the world and married her. She makes awesome enchiladas. I mean truly cosmic. We love to eat Mexican food when we go out too. Everything from standards like Joe T’s to smaller places and taco stands. I am always up for a dining adventure. The best part of that is I don’t have to leave Tarrant County to do that. That said, I got a list of places to hit in Parker and Johnson County too.
4. Being a Realtor is my third career change. Life is what happens when you are making plans. I was a petroleum geologist until the market went down in 2015. I saw this a great opportunity to start my own business. I am a self-starter and independent thinker. I have my own ideas about how to get things done. Fort Worth has a history of people like that. Being a Realtor makes me an independent contractor representing my broker. My broker was my realtor when I returned to Fort Worth in 2003. I love the slogan at Wilco – “Grassroots starts at home.” Its got that Fort Worth proud attitude.
5. I like to look at houses. I know that I have not been doing this long, but I do like to shop for houses. I love looking at how other people live. I love seeing what others have done to their homes over time. Some people are wildly creative, and have great senses of style. I would like to think that I am like that, but sometimes I think I just like weird stuff. For example, I love mid-century modern tiki décor. The more hideous and campy, the more I love it. I am searching Fort Worth and the surrounding area for a tiki inspired rumpus room. Care to join me for the search?